Thursday, June 30, 2011

growth chart tutorial

i really wanted to make a growth chart before my first son was born. . . 
well, he is 3 and my other little man is one.
better late than never.

neither my husband or i are over 6 feet, but i come from a family of tall people so i have high hopes for my sons. . . no pun intended:)


 i got a 6 foot tall, 12 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick piece of wood at home depot,
painted it white and sprayed painted some polyurethane on it after it was dry
(polyurethane in a spray can. . . my new bff),
again, using my sisters cricut (who lives 3 states away so that is my excuse for taking so long) 
cut out 12" numbers 1-6 and little tabs for the inch and feet marks with vinyl,
used a ruler and measuring tape to put on on the little tabs
and hung it in the boys barthroom!
 it is HUGE!
 don't even think my boys will really be into me measuring their height once they get over 5 feet but a mom can dream:)

p.s. does anybody have that cute frog pod that NEVER stays up? if you do and have figured out a way to keep it from falling, usually in the middle of the night and scaring the *#%! out of me, let me know!


linking up to these parties:

16 comments:

  1. what a fun project! I love the ABC canvas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, so simple and SO cute. That bathroom is too adorable!! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest bathroom ever!! I love all the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! We have that frog and have not had any problems with it?! We just have a musical bubble thing that always falls and scares us in the middle of the night!!!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super super cute! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic. I will have to get my hubby to help me with this. Love it!!!

    Hope you can stop by at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! How are you going to mark their heights?

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love! i need to make this NOW! ps, that green frog drives me nuts! it has a permanent place on our bathroom floor. :(

    -molly
    threesisterz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Following you from Tip Junkie‘s link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. Hope to see you there. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Joey! I love the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SERIOUSLY CUTE!! i love it:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the growth chart and your bath is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute. I have the same frog pod. It's been in my closet for the last 3 years. You're supposed to be able to drill a hole into the tub, but who does that?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that frog pod-we didn't have to drill a hole, ours came with that double sided foam sticky tape stuff. stuck right to our tub surround! It has been up nearly two years and hasn't fallen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this! I can't wait to hang hooks for my two to put their towels on! Perfect! The growth chart is awesome! I need to find someone who has a cricut! We have a turtle version of the frog pod and it stayed great for a month...unfortunately it now sits in the floor. We got a netted version with suction cups that holds tons of toys and stays put!!! I highly recommend it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love! Also, I have the frog pad...I followed the instructions for using the tape in the bathtub...it's one year and still hanging...we love it for all the kiddie bath toys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...