Friday, April 27, 2012

Furniture Friday!


Ta DAAAA! Here it is.
The friday furniture post with the coffee table- finished! I've been running around crazy working on my daughter's "under the sea" birthday party, but did manage to get this done.
Here's a little sneak peek of the party...
Peek! Sorry, that's all you're getting! ;)
So, below, you'll see the before picture of the coffee table that I pulled from someone's trash.
(I am not ashamed to recycle furniture.)
I loved the criss-cross pattern on either side, so I sanded down until I got to bare wood.
 It. took. FOREVER. I had my hand sander, and it still took forever.
I taped off the criss cross sections on either side and lightly sanded and primed the rest.
Next, I painted two coats of a very light blue,
 then got out a tiny paintbrush and painted little whimsical designs onto the bare wood.

 Gotta love those legs!
 Here it is in my living room... I think I like that leg style- can you tell by our end table? ;)

Have a colorful week!
craftomaniacbetween naps on the porchstories from a2znot just a housewife,  tip junkiesugar beetater tots and jelloat the picket fenceremodelaholicwhipperberryi heart naptimediy showoffbe different act normal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...